On the third day of Christmas, the Whitefish Team gave me – tips on email strategy
Email marketing is an old but trusty tool in your digital marketing toolbox, but it requires careful planning. Too aggressive and you risk losing your contacts. Too generic and your message won’t resonate.
In previous blogs we have looked at the technical tips and tricks of producing killer email marketing campaigns. The holy grail of creating, delivering and managing campaigns for client retention and maximising conversion. Here we recap on the dos and don’ts.
- Do section your audience into target groups. There will undoubtedly be varying levels of loyalty engagement from people in your database. Some may have a stronger inclination to buy from you than others.
- Do construct a message that hooks your particular target audience. The more personalised your message is to their mindset, the better chance you will have of them converting.
- Do choose a subject title that assists the open rate. Too spammy and your email could be trashed.
- Don’t over email your database. Hounding people or sending the same message is impersonal.
- Don’t make your email too long. Most people read on the go. Focus on a concise message, your USPs and a call to action. Include media to make it more visually appealing.
- Don’t forget to remove unsubscribes – even more important now for GDPR compliance.
In tomorrow’s blog we look at conversion rate optimisation.